Friday, June 24, 2016

TTM Success - Mo Vaughn

Here is a pretty huge TTM success that I got not too long ago.  I really wasn't expecting much, but was pleasantly surprised when these two cards finally came in.  First is this 1996 Fleer E-XL.  The card got somewhat damaged in transit, with the blue matting separating from the card a bit, but when it is placed in my album, you won't be able to tell.
Also, here is the 2002 Topps that I got signed.  I actually sent this card off before I decided to do my Topps Autograph Project, but it will fit in nicely with the plan.  Additionally, I had completely forgotten that Vaughn wore uniform number 42 long before it was retired all across baseball.

Vaughn (b.1967) played in the majors from 1991 to 2000, 2002 and 2003 for the Red Sox, Angels and Mets.  He had 1,620 hits, 328 home runs and a .293 batting average.  He was the 1995 AL MVP.  He was also an All Star three times.  Vaughn appeared on the 2009 Hall of Fame ballot and received 1.1% of the vote.  Vaughn might have had a good shot at the Hall, had he played more seasons.  Otherwise, he will likely still be remembered as a force, albeit a brief one.

I mailed to Vaughn on March 4 and got the cards back on June 10, for a 98-day TAT.

No comments: