Wednesday, June 1, 2016

TTM Success - Bob Shirley

I was able to use some of the cards I picked up from the Columbia antique shop recently when I got a few of them back signed from Bob Shirley.  This 1979 Topps looks really cool with the old brown and yellow San Diego Padres hat.  Shirley's signature is kinda jumbled, but still is nice to have a success.
I was able to add another 1981 Topps and an 81 Topps Traded to the collection as well.  The 84 might look the best out of the bunch, since the compact auto fits nicely on the white area of the card.

Shirley (b. 1954) played in the majors from 1977 to 1987 for the Padres, Cardinals, Reds, Yankees and Royals.  He had a career record of 67-94 with an ERA of 3.82 and 790 strike outs.

I mailed to Shirley on April 20 and got the cards back on May 5, for a 15-day TAT.

No comments: