Saturday, June 25, 2016

TTM Success - Bob Owchinko

The stack of TTM successes is winding down.  There is a light at the end of the tunnel.  I have had a great time talking about all of these players from the past and pursuing their autographs, but now that the baseball season is in full swing and new products continually are hitting the shelves, I have had a tough time sending new ones out.  I have this success, and one more sitting here that need to be posted, then I will be caught up on TTMs.
I was able to get five signed cards back from Bob Owchinko recently.  I did pretty well, getting a five-year run of cards signed: 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982 and 1983.  His signature turned out pretty nice on all of them.

Owchinko (b. 1955) played in the majors from 1976 to 1984 and 1986 for the Padres, Indians, A's, Pirates, Reds and Expos.  He had a career record of 37-60 with an ERA of 4.28 and 490 strike outs.

I mailed to Owchinko on April 20 and got the cards back on June 16 for a 57-day TAT.

1 comment:

Jeremy Milander said...

Bob was touring bassist for California band “the mother hips” in 2009