Wednesday, June 22, 2016

TTM Success - Doug Jones

I got back one of the best TTM successes in a while when I received 7 signed cards from former pitcher, Doug Jones.  When I started doing TTMs and was looking for guys to send to, I saw that Jones signed.  So, I had to get a copy of this 1991 Score Dream Team to send along with whatever else I could find.  I actually bought two of these and sent one to my good friend, Andrew.  I am so glad I got this back because it looks awesome signed.
Here are the other cards I got signed by Jones.  The 1993 Flair turned out great.  Those cards really are some nice offerings from the mid-90s.  They look even better signed.  I was able to add a couple cards of Jones as an Oriole, so that was nice as well.  The top left card is an extra that he threw in and has a religious testimonial on the back.  He inscribed each card with "PTL" which means "Praise the Lord".  I thought this was a nice touch.

Jones (b. 1957) played in the majors from 1982 and 1986 to 2000 for the Brewers, Indians, Astros, Phillies, Orioles, Cubs and A's.  He had a career record of 69-79 with an ERA of 3.30 and 909 strike outs.  He also had 303 saves in his career.  Jones was an All Star five times and finished as high as 14th in the MVP voting (NL, 1992).  He appeared on the 2006 Hall of Fame ballot and received 0.4% of the vote.

I mailed to Jones on March 11 and got the cards back on June 9, for a 90-day TAT.

No comments: