Sunday, June 5, 2016

TTM Success - Randy Lerch

I have been racking up on the 70s and 80s TTM guys lately.  This next one came from former pitcher, Randy Lerch.  He signed 6 cards for me, like this 1978 Topps.  This is a really underrated set, highlighted by the Eddie Murray RC.  Lerch's signature looks really good on this card.  I'm not a fan of the powder blue Phillies uniforms, but oh well.
This 1976 Topps rookie card of Lerch turned out nicely.  I don't think I am going to try to go after the other three guys, even if they sign.  That would take a lot of work, and a lot of patience.
Finally, here are some 1980s cards that I got signed.  They all turned out great.  I like that he switched pens and used the black Sharpie on the 1985.  It matched the colors on the card better than blue would have.

Lerch (b. 1954) played in the majors from 1975 to 1984 and 1986 for the Phillies, Brewers, Expos and Giants.  He had a career record of 60-64 with an ERA of 4.53 and 507 strike outs.

I mailed to Lerch on April 23 and got the cards back on May 9, for a 16-day TAT.

No comments: