Friday, May 17, 2024

TTM Success - Mac Suzuki

When I checked the mail yesterday after work, I noticed a strange stamp that I hadn't used before.  Upon closer inspection, the stamp was from Japan, but I had to wait until I got home from last night's double header to see who it was from, Mac Suzuki.  I had sent him a 1995 Fleer and a 1995 Bowman.  Both cards look great.
I didn't have many 1995 Bowman at all; I think this is only the second one I've put in the autograph album. 

Suzuki (b. 1975) played in the majors in 1996 and from  1998 to 2002 for the Mariners, Royals, Rockies and Brewers.  He had a record of 16-31 with 327 strike outs and a 5.72 ERA.  

I mailed to Suzuki on January 6 and got the cards back on May 16, for a 131-day TAT.  I sent him $5 to cover return postage.

2 comments:

Fuji said...

Very cool. Mac is the Larry Doby of Japanese baseball players. He was the first Japanese baseball player in American League history.

Jafronius said...

Awesomw TTM!