Monday, February 13, 2023

TTM Success - Ray Crone

A couple nice 50s cards were added to my autograph album when I got this TTM success back from Ray Crone.  I had sent these out back when I had sent out a bunch of other 1950s Topps cards, but these took a little bit longer to come back.  Both of the cards (a 1957 and a 1958 Topps) look awesome.
I really like how sharp this 1958 Topps is.  I probably should have picked up Crone's 1955 Topps and added it to the album, as well, but that's ok.  I'm happy with what I got.

Crone (b. 1931) played in the majors from 1954 to 1958 for the Braves (Milwaukee) and Giants (New York and San Francisco).  He had a record of 30-30 with 260 strike outs and a 3.87 ERA.

I mailed to Crone on October 24 and got the cards back on December 16, for a 53-day TAT.

1 comment:

Rachelle Hunter said...

Enjoying BB from a great times seeing the Houston Astros at the Astrodome when I was a very young child. I'm passing this along to many of my friends who are long time Major League baseball fans.