Wednesday, February 16, 2022

TTM Success - Charlie West

When Chris told me that Charlie West kind of looks like the wrestler, Jey Uso, I can't unsee it.  Anyway, I took two more of the vintage football cards that my good friend, Max, sent me and got them signed TTM.
I sent off the 1972 Topps Football card at the top of the page, and the above 1973 Topps.  West has a great signature, and I was glad to add two more vintage football cards to my autograph album.

West (b. 1946) played pro football from 1968 to 1979 for the Vikings, Lions and Broncos.  He played as a Safety and punt returned, running a punt return for a touchdown in 1968.  He won the NFL Championship with the Vikings in 1969; this was when the NFL champion would then face the AFL champion in the Super Bowl.  The Vikings would lose that Super Bowl to the Chiefs.

I mailed to West on January 21 and got the cards back on January 31, for a 10-day TAT.

No comments: