Friday, April 12, 2013

I Got The 1941 Virgil Trucks Negative Developed

So, I went to a photo shop in town yesterday and asked them if they could take the 1941 photo negative of Virgil Trucks that I had and develop it into a print.  They were able to, at the cost of $11.25.  For that price, I got the above (awesome!) 8x10 print, plus a photo CD.  Not too bad.  The photo came out looking really sharp.  A few people responded to the post I wrote (here) about the photo negative and had sent me photoshopped files of what the picture could look like, based on the photo I had taken of the negative (which was really cool.  I need to get out more).

Anyway, I bought a nice 8x10 frame for the picture and will hang it on the wall in the man cave.  I need to shift some things around so I can fit it on the wall, but it will look great, I'm sure.

Again, the photo is of Mr. Trucks, taken during the 1941 season in the Tigers' locker room.  1941 was Mr. Trucks rookie season, so This very well could have been taken toward the very beginning of his great career.

8 comments:

Dhoff said...

So cool. That picture really captures a candid moment. Love it.

arpsmith said...

That is awesome, great addition to the man cave!

Flash said...

That's pretty awesome. I figured you'd find someone around there to do it. Do you think you'll buy other negatives and do the same?

JediJeff said...

For a 70 year old negative, the quality of the photo is amazing.

Brad's Blog said...

Very impressive photo, a piece of history worth keeping!

Once a Cub said...

Trucks was a pretty good signer with a pretty unique signature. I'd recommend matting it with an autographed 3x5 or baseball card.

It would be a little pricier than just buying a frame but I think it would be worth hit for such a unique piece.

P-town Tom said...

That's a really sweet photo. I'm sure Mr. Trucks is playing on is own Field of Dreams and tickled to know that someone out there is still developing his photo!

Fuji said...

What an awesome piece for your collection. It turned out really well. Congratulations.