Friday, November 2, 2012

Hall of Fame Signed Baseball - Early Wynn

It has been quite a while since I have been able to add Hall of Fame signed baseballs to my collection.  I have been really busy with work and have been knocking out cards from my want list.  However, I checked out an ad on the side of my Facebook (most of which are scams, but this one turned out to be legit) for an online estate auction and I was not disappointed.  I ended up spending approximately $120 on two signed baseballs, a signed 8x10 for my son's birthday and a vintage pennant.
The first signed baseball, which is my 77th Hall of Famer, is signed by former pitcher Early Wynn.  Wynn (b. 1920 - d. 1999) played in the majors from 1939, 1941-1944 and 1946-1963 for the Senators, Indians and White Sox.  He had a career record of 300-244, 2,334 strikeouts and an ERA of 3.54.  He was the winner of the 1959 AL Cy Young Award and was elected to the Hall of Fame in 1972, his third year on the ballot, with 76.0% of the vote.

I'm really happy to add the Wynn ball to my collection.  He has a really awesome signature.  The ball is a Bobby Brown OAL baseball and still has the original box.  Wynn's signature on a ball usually goes for around $115 to $120, but I was able to get this one from the estate auction for $45.  Very awesome!  Stay tuned for the next signed ball that I got from the auction.

1 comment:

Drew said...

Sharp autograph dude, congrats on the steal! Look forward to seeing the rest!