Sunday, November 29, 2009

T-206 box busting results

I reeeally have been wanting to bust a box lately, so when I got in the shop on Saturday and saw that T-206 were in, well, I knew I'd be busting a box yesterday haha.

I really like the design of these cards. I am a big fan of the retro themed sets. They may be getting a bit overplayed, but I think, in moderaton, they can succeed.

I was a bit disappointed when I looked up what kind of hits were available in this stuff. I did see that a good many of Orioles were in it, so I went ahead and took the plunge. I was not disappointed.
I was very happy to see Nolan Reimold included in this set. I definitely think he is going to be a star. It does help that a good friend of mine who knows a thing or two about a thing or two seconds my opinion (thanks Jim, haha).

Got 2 Brian Roberts cards. One came from P.A., the other came from my box. Can never go wrong with Roberts.


Pulled the Nick The Stick base card... as well as the beauty below! Yaaay for me! I like the blue frames, very nice.


Finally, got a few Dodger cards for my MIA box-busting partner. He will be getting a good package in the mail with the Dodger successes from the box-break.


All-in-all, I was very happy with my purchase. I'm glad I didn't overdo it by cracking another... I really couldn't have done much better than this!

3 comments:

deal said...

I like the blue frames as well. I had not seen them prior, glad you got that one and thanks for posting it.

William Regenthal said...

No problem man, thanks for reading!

Field of Cards said...

The reflection off of Reimold's helmet is so cool. I really like this set. Pretty expensive right now though. I wonder if it will ever drop.