Friday, July 17, 2009

My Two Biggest Hits From Allen & Ginter

I sat on my boxes of Allen & Ginter from Friday to Sunday, mostly due to wanting to keep a promise to Max that I would wait to crack them with him, and pretty much because I really didn't have a whole lot of time to bust them until Sunday anyway...

It was well worth the wait. I do have to say that I am disappointed that I bought 4 boxes and STILL need 36 cards to complete my set, but that just makes it more of a challenge, which is fine by me. I was also very disappointed to see that a lot of the cards came with a line going down the middle from the printing process... Uncool, Topps!!!

Those are the only complaints and I'm far over them. Max and I had a good time as always busting wax. It has become a nice little ritual between the two of us. I'll let him blog about what he pulled. I will display my two biggest hits (in my opinion).

An 'on card' autograph of former Negro Leaguer Clyde Parris (never heard of him, but still cool nonetheless).




My first GU Jersey of TIM LINCECUM!!! Freaking awesome! I read the other day that he was taken by the Giants with the 8th pick in the 2006 draft...
The Orioles chose Billy Rowell with the 7th pick. I reeeeally don't like Rowell anymore... fml.

No comments: