Sunday, May 31, 2009

2009 Topps Series II 3 Jumbo Box break by the numbers:

Yesterday, Max (http://maxscards.blogspot.com/), Pete (http://dropped3rdstrike.blogspot.com/) and I busted a case of Series II Topps at the card shop. I opened 3 of the jumbo boxes, Pete got 2 and Max got one. I'm sure each of them will be blogging on their finds shortly, but as far as what I ended up with, here is a breakdown of what I WENT HOME with (I traded out/for a few things to Max and Pete, so they will probably talk about them on their blogs).

27: Turkey Red Inserts

3: Career Best Legends- Christy Mathewson, Walter Johnson and Mel Ott

3: Red Hot Rookie Redemptions - 1, 2, 10
3: Topps Black - Howie Kendrick, Jonathan Papelbon and Carlos Quentin
29: Ring of Honor
13: WBC cards (I did pull a sweet Russell Martin GU jersey card in the first pack I busted, but it went to Max immediately)
5: Career Best autos/relics

30: Topps Gold

31: Legends of the Game (I picked up a sweet Brooks Robinson)

29: Topps Town

3: SP Variations (Paul Molitor, Robin Yount and Carl Yazstrzemski)

3: Legends Commemorative Patches - George Sisler, Mickey Mantle and Lou Gehrig

Once again, I had a blast opening these boxes with my friends. I think I can speak for everyone there and say that a good time was had by all. This set will definitely go down for me as one of the most enjoyable that I have put together, not only because of the quality of cards, but the quality of people that were involved in the process of me working out this deal. For me to be able to sit around and bust wax with people who I can truly call my friends, well, this was a gratifying experience. I want to thank Pete, P.A. and Max for taking or maintaining an interest in something that interests me. I hope you guys can all go on this ride with me again soon when Allen and Ginter comes out!

No comments: