Saturday, February 28, 2009

Card Show




I went to the Charlotte Toy and Hobby show today with Christopher. He was very well behaved and got a Tom 'the Mongoose' McEwen Hot Wheels Funny Car. The place was MUCH busier than the card show I went to at the end of December. For a $5.00 entry fee, I was able to walk around and spend some time with my boy and talk to some people. P.A. instructed me to go with the sole purpose of getting the 1955 Sandy Koufax that I needed. I didn't disappoint. For a 'steal' I was able to get my hands on the Koufax and 19 other cards I needed for my set. As they say, its all down hill from here!


I was also able to get a G Duke Snider, I pretty much jumped on it because all the ones I had seen on ebay were going pretty high and they aren't the easiest cards to come across. Since I am not too hung up on 'grade' I figured I should go ahead and get it while it was at a price I could afford.


So, now, as it stands, these are the STARS I still need for this set: #47- Hank Aaron, #125- Ken Boyer RC, #166- Hank Bauer, #189- Phil Rizzuto and #194- Willie Mays. Obviously, I still need some common players and several high numbers, but this set is just about done!!!

No comments: