Sunday, February 8, 2009

2009 Topps Case Bust with P.A (Player to be Named), Pete (Dropped Third Strike) and Kim (Kimaloo)



I have to say that I am 100% satisfied with the 3 boxes of Jumbo 2009 Topps I received during our 'Case Bust' at All About SPorts in Winston-Salem, NC. Blake (the shop owner) was kind enough to hook us up on a deal for a case of Jumbo boxes.




I am very pleased overall with the photography of the cards. I plan on scanning and posting some of my favorites next weekend when I return from Greenville. I also plan on collating my set probably Monday evening. I should know whether or not I have the full series 1 or not by then. I do know that I have one of the special short printed alternate cards. More on that in a second.




So, here it is by the numbers:




3: Jumbo Boxes purchased and opened by me


4: target packs bought for me by P.A.


34: Topps Town and Topps Town Gold cards received


1: Card #44b- Barack Obama


31: Turkey Red cards received


2: Topps Black received


33: Topps Gold


29: Legends of the Game


2: Topps Silk (Brandon Webb and Andy Sonnanstine)


5: Career Best Jersey or Auto


29: Ring of Honor


3: WBC redemptions


3:Legends of the Game Patches (Barack Obama, Michelle Obama and CAL RIPKEN!!!)


2: 1/1 sketch cards (Nate McLouth and Josh Beckett) the Josh Beckett had substantial damage to the lower part of the card, so I am going to inquire to Topps about getting a replacement for it.




All in All, I am VERY pleased with Series 1 Topps. I hope Pete, Kim and P.A. are as well!!

No comments: