Sunday, March 12, 2017

TTM Success - Mickey Morandini

This was a TTM that I was really excited about getting back, and I had to wait a while to even send it out.  I saw a while back that Mickey Morandini signed TTM, but all of the successes were from folks sending to the Phillies, so I had to wait a while until I thought it would be a good time to send.  I didn't want to send to the Phillies' Stadium toward the end of last season and have to wait until after opening day to get the cards back, so I sent them out during Spring Training.

In the meantime, I collected a bunch of his cards that I found at the card shop and waited.  It was worth the wait.  Check out the 1997 Flair Showcase above.  This card was the one I wanted to get signed the most.  I pre-treated it with baby powder before I mailed it and it turned out so nice.
I really had put together some really nice cards of Morandini.  This 1997 Fleer Metal is so cool, too.  I have gotten a few of these cards signed, and I love them all.  I really enjoyed collecting the Marvel set of Fleer Metal when they came out, and having a few of the baseball card versions in my album really is awesome.
The Morandini package actually started with the 1993 Fleer Golden Moments (left).  I thought the card would look nice in my album, and it grew from there as I found more and more cards.  I had to include a Topps card in the package, and what better one than the above 1999 Topps showing Morandini in a Cubs uniform?  I figured my buddy, Max, would like seeing that one.
Finally, here is a 1994 Topps Finest that I also had to pre-treat with baby powder.  It looks pretty cool, as well.  These cards sign really well, and are a lot of fun to look at in the album.

Morandini (b. 1966) played in the majors from 1990 to 2000 for the Phillies, Cubs and Blue Jays.  He had 1,222 hits, 32 home runs and a .268 batting average.  He was an All Star in 1995 while with the Phillies.

I mailed to Morandini on February 8 at Phillies Spring Training and got the cards back on February 18, for a 10-day TAT.

No comments: