Monday, March 20, 2017

TTM Success - Gene Richards

I added some early 1980s cards to my autograph album with these cards from former Padre, Gene Richards.  These cards are really cool because of the old Padres brown and yellow uniforms.  Also, Richards's hair is pretty awesome.
Those are some pretty bad uniforms, but that's the way it was back then, I guess.  Still, the cards turned out great, which I am happy about.

Richards (b. 1953) played in the majors from 1977 to 1984 for the Padres and Giants.  He had 1,028 hits, 26 home runs and a .290 batting average.  He received MVP votes only once, in 1980 when he finished 22nd.  He was the first pick in the 1975 amateur draft (January).

I mailed to Richards on January 12 and got the cards back on February 25, for a 44-day TAT.

No comments: