Saturday, March 11, 2017

TTM Success - Adeiny Hechavarria

While most everyone on Instagram who does TTM goes after current players, I focus primarily on older retired players.  Still, I do like to send to current players from time to time.  I mailed to Adeiny Hechavarria when I sent out my first batch of spring training requests, but his address was actually a home address.  I had a few 2017 Topps mixed in with all of the spring training guys, and Hechavarria's is the first 2017 to come back.  I was happy to go ahead and knock off 2017 from my Topps Autograph project.  I know this will be an ongoing thing, knocking off a year when a new set comes out.  Kind of keeps the challenge going, really.
I wanted to include something else, so I thought this 2015 Topps Chrome would look nice, especially since it was a horizontal shot.  I wasn't disappointed at all when it came back.  It was treated with baby powder, and turned out great!

Hechavarria (b. 1989) has played in the majors since 2012.  He began his career with the Blue Jays in 2012 before being included in a trade for Mark Buehrle, John Buck, Josh Johnson and Jose Reyes (and others).  He has 555 hits, 14 home runs and a .254 batting average so far in his career.

I mailed to Hechavarria on February 8 and got the cards back on February 16, for an 8-day TAT.

No comments: