Saturday, March 4, 2017

TTM Success - Frank Funk

Ah, another 1961 Topps card from the antique shop.  What I did was open up Weston's account on sportscollectors.net (thanks Weston) and pulled ten guys who signed TTM out of the box that Conrad had at the shop.  Some of them, I was able to find other Topps cards to send out, and others, well, I had only the '61s to send.  Still, they all turned out pretty nicely, I think.

I really like Funk's signature.  It looks like the style in which he wrote his Fs is the same style that Mickey Mantle used for his Ms.  Interesting, maybe.

Funk (b. 1935) played in the majors from 1960 to 1963 for the Indians and Braves (Milwaukee).  He had a career record of 20-17 with 150 strike outs and a 3.01 ERA.

I mailed to Funk on January 19 and got the card back on February 6, for an 18-day TAT.

No comments: