Monday, March 27, 2017

TTM Success - Jeremy Bonderman

I've been trying to mix some more recent cards into my TTM requests, and this success from Jeremy Bonderman adds a few nice ones to the album.

I loved Allen & Ginter when it first came out in 2006, so having a card from that set represented in the album was a must.
I went overboard with the Ginter, though, because I also added this 2007, as well.  I'm glad I did, though, because it might look better than the 06.
I also needed a few recent Topps, so I sent off the 2010 and 2008 shown above.  I have a ton of 2010 Topps, I just need to sort it, and pull guys that sign.  I think we are far enough removed from that set to have some retired players who sign pretty regularly now.  When it comes to a point where I am struggling to find TTM subjects, maybe I will work a bit harder on sorting the 2010s.  Until then, I have plenty to keep me busy, and definitely plenty to keep me blogging.

Bonderman (b. 1982) played in the majors from 2003 to 2010 and 2013 for the Tigers and Mariners.  He had a career record of 69-81 with an ERA of 4.91 and 961 strike outs.  He went 14-8 with the Tigers in 2006 en route to a World Series loss to the Cardinals.  In his lone World Series start, he pitched 5.1 innings with 2 earned runs and 4 walks.

I mailed to Bonderman on February 23 and got the cards back on March 4, for a 9-day TAT.

No comments: