Saturday, March 25, 2017

TTM Success - Hobie Landrith

I had grabbed quite a few 1955 Bowman cards at the Raleigh card show back in February, with the intention of adding a bunch of them to the album through TTMs.  Hobie Landrith is a player that I had considered sending to in the past, but I held off because he charged a fee.  Once I picked up the '55, I knew it was time to come off of the money and send his cards out.
I picked up the 1957 Topps at the show, as well.  Then, when I got home, I checked my vintage box and saw that I had the 1963 and the below 1960.  Since he charged $5 per card, I went ahead with the four so I could send a check for $20.00.  To me, it is worth it, since I can add some nice vintage cards to the album, and one of them being an Oriole card adds a bonus to it.
Landrith (b. 1930) played in the majors from 1950 to 1963 for the Reds, Cubs, Cardinals, Giants, Mets, Orioles and Senators.  He had 450 hits, 34 home runs and a .233 batting average.

Landrith was the second player chosen in the 1961 expansion draft, which filled the rosters of the Houston Colt .45s and the New York Mets.  With Eddie Bressoud being chosen with the first pick by the Colt .45s, Landrith would be chosen by the Mets.  This essentially makes Landrith the first Met.

I mailed to Landrith on February 13 and got the cards back on February 28, for a 15-day TAT.

No comments: