Sunday, March 19, 2017

TTM Success - Floyd Rayford

I added another Oriole to my list of TTM successes with this return from former catcher, Floyd Rayford.  I had a lot of his cards to choose from, which was nice.  The above 1988 Score is a good one, which pops nicely on my scan.
I got a nice Topps run signed, from 1985 to 1988, which is pretty cool.  Usually, when I put the cards in the envelope, I'm just picking ones that look cool, or Topps years that I want to boost in my count, but in this case, it ended up being the four consecutive years.  Of the four, though, I liked the 1988 the best.  I like the old chest protector.

Rayford (b. 1957) played in the majors in 1980 and 1982 to 1987 for the Orioles and Cardinals.  He was in the right places at the wrong times, having been on the Orioles in 1982 when the Cardinals won the World Series, and on the Cardinals in 1983 when the Orioles won the World Series.  He had 255 hits, 38 home runs and a .244 batting average.

I mailed to Rayford on February 6 and got the cards back on February 24, for an 18-day TAT.

No comments: