Tuesday, August 13, 2024

2024 National Paid Signer - Randy Quaid

Randy Quaid was actually the second paid celebrity signer that I got at the National this year.  I waited to post him so I could get a few cards scanned.  I was realpy looking forward to getting Quaid on the 8 x 10 above, with the inscription.  The photo turned out great.
Quaid was really cool. We talked for a bit about my hat (Oklahoma City  Cielo Azul Copa hat) and my jersey (Wichita Turbo Tubs).  We also talked about the Movie Midnight Express. It's a great movie. He said "I love that movie."  It's a really good one, if you haven't seen it yet.

Quaid (b. 1950) is best known as Cousin Eddie in the National Lampoon Vacation movies and also as Russell Casse in Independence Day.  He also appeared in the aforementioned Midnight Express, Hard Rain (another underrated movie) and Kingpin.  He is the brother of Dennis Quaid and uncle of Jack Quaid.

He was nominated for an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for 1973's The Last Detail.

1 comment:

Johnnys Trading Spot said...

Love the Quaid bros movies.