Thursday, June 22, 2023

June 18, 2023, Graphing of the Hot Rods at Crawdads

This past Sunday, I finally got around to visiting Hickory.  It was great being able to see Cody Freeman again.  My friend, Jessie, gave me the above team set card to get signed.  It is always nice when someone is excited to see you, and it seemed like Chris and I made Cody's day.
I was able to get three of the Wood Ducks cards signed of guys who moved up after the set was photographed.
We were told by some other graphers pre-game that Alejandro Osuna hadn't touched a pen all season and Maximo Acosta wouldn't sign for us.  Both recognized us and stopped to sign, which was cool to see them prove those guys wrong. 
The Crawdads were playing the Bowling Green Hot Rods, and I was able to get a bunch of Rays stuff out of my minors box.  Brock Jones was really nice and signed everything we had.
Dru Baker, Carson Williams and Willy Vazquez were all one per.  I was also able to get Tony Locey on a 2019 Bowman Draft.  I had sent to him TTM but never got the cards back.  I wish the orange refractor I had sent him had at least come back RTS because I'd have loved to have gotten it signed.
Chris and I did really well and got most of everything signed that we brought with us.

In all, we got the following autographs: Maximo Acosta x 2, Dane Acker x 2, Cody Freeman x 1, Tucker Mitchell x 6, Jackson Kelley x 4, Abi Ortiz x 6, Alejandro Osuna x 4, Dru Baker x 2, JJ Goss x 2, Brock Jones x 11, Tony Locey x 1, Nick Schnell x 1, Willy Vasquez x 1 and Carson Williams x 2 (45 total autographs). 

No comments: