Tuesday, August 1, 2023

2023 National Free Signer - Mark Carrier

Another National is in the books, and this year's was definitely a challenge.  In the end, I had a good time, which is all that matters. I'll be breaking down the National over the next several weeks, starting with the first free signer I got, Mark Carrier. 

I got the above card from Max the day before the National, and it overrode the card I had.  I skipped the VIP signers on Wednesday, since none of them were baseball guys and I didn't have ant cards of any of them.  I mistakenly grabbed a couple cards of the other Mark Carrier, but quickly realized before I left on the trip that there was another Carrier, of whom I had found one card.

Carrier (b. 1968) played professionally from 1990 to 2000 for the Bears, Lions and Redskins.  He played collegiately at USC.  He had 32 interceptions and 1 touch down in his career.  He led the league in interceptions in 1990 with 10 and was named the AP Defensive Rookie of the Year.

Carrier was super nice, and the card turned out great. Lots more to come regarding the National, so stay tuned.

1 comment: