Sunday, August 13, 2023

August 1-6, 2023, Graphing of the Pelicans at Wood Ducks

The posts from the National have been coming at a decent enough pace, but I am still behind.  I wanted to squeeze in a couple graphing posts before I finish off the National signers this week.  There are a few cards that I got signed during this series against Myrtle Beach that I picked up at the National, so the theme is still there.  The above 2023 Bowman Chrome blue ray wave is a card I found at the top of a parallels stack at the show.  I had to pick it up, since it was one of my guys. 
I got Mesa on the Tuesday game and found out by Thursday that he had been released.  The Rangers released Andres and also Yenci Pena.  I was really sad to see Andres go. It made sense because the previous regime traded for him and he wasn't hitting. With the new draft picks coming in, they had to make room.
This Anthony Gutierrez is another card I found at the show.  The card is beautiful.  I was really excited when I found it.  I purchased it in a bulk deal along with several other inserts and parallels.
My good friend, Gerard, hooked me up with some more Dylan MacLean cards.  These turned out nicely.
Christian Hernandez was a tough one-per, but I had a lot of help, and got a bunch of his cards signed.  I was able to keep my 50/50 folks happy, which is always good.
The top two Drew Gray Panini Prizm Draft cards were pickups from the National.  I pulled the bottom left Prizm out of a blaster I bought a while back. 
The left two Jackson Ferris cards also came from the show.  He was born in Winston-Salem, so we talked about that for a little bit during a game.
The Bruce Billings 2010 Topps Pro Debut had me pulling my hair out early in the week.  I had put the cards aside prior to the start of the season when I saw that Billings was added to Myrtle Beach's staff.  I just didn't put them aside where they needed to be.  I took my friend Billy's advice and stopped looking for them, and found them in time to get them signed.
I got a ton of Corey Ray cards signed during this series.  I was excited when he was announced as a coach for Myrtle Beach, as I had a ton of my own cards and also cards from the former card shop that I needed to get out of the boxes.
There was a nice variety of Ray cards that got done during the week, ranging from 2016 to 2021.
Ray was super nice and seemed ge uinely happy to sign for us all week. It's a shame that I have to tell people that I did have several people helping me, and I wasn't putting 30+ cards in front of him aat a time.
Finally, my friend, Ben, gave me some Cubs signature cards.  I used them on (clockwise from top left) Brett Bateman, Andy Garriola, Brian Kalmer and Malcom Quintero.

In all, I got the following autographs: Gleider Figuereo x 2, Anthony Gutierrez x 4, Andres Mesa x 7, Ian Moller x 1, Buddy Bailey x 1, Drew Gray x 19, Christian Hernandez x 30, Pedro Ramirez x 8, Jefferson Rojas x 9, Corey Ray x 46, Luis Ramirez x 2, Jackson Ferris x 9, Nick Hull x 1, Ismael Mena x 17, Dylan MacLean x 7, Parker Chavers x 1, Tommy Specht x 1, Bruce Billings x 2, Danyer Cueva x 8, Brian Kalmer x 1, Brett Bateman x 1, Andy Garriola x 1 and Malcom Quintero x 1 (180 total autographs).

No comments: