Tuesday, August 15, 2023

2023 National Free Signer - Bob Dernier

Bob Dernier was the next free signer on the last day of the National.  By the time I got through Dernier's line, most of the people had cleared out.  Still, I had two more signers to go after Dernier, but it was a far cry from earlier in the week.

I had sent all of my Dernier cards out to my friend, Max, in the past, so I picked these three cards up from the guy selling signer cards at the show.  I liked the above 1982 Topps Traded, even though I didn't realize it was a Traded until later on.
I also got a 1985 Topps and a 1985 Fleer signer by Dernier.

Dernier (b. 1957) played in the majors from 1980 to 1989 for the Phillies and Cubs.  He had 634 hits, 23 home runs and a .255 batting average.  He finished 17th in the 1984 NL MVP race abd won a Gold Glove that year.

No comments: