Wednesday, August 2, 2023

2023 National - A Couple Random Auto Pickups

Navigating the National is often like looking for a needle in a haystack.  Especially when the show is so crowded, you can barely get to any tables.  Fast forward to the last day of the show, and I finally had time and access to a table with albums of signed cards by set.  There were maybe 3 different dealers at the show with this setup, and the other two had very slim pickings for 1987 Topps.  One of them has a very helpful checklist of signed cards by year; I buy from that guy all of the time, it seems.  This year, his list said he had a signed 1987 Topps Orel Hershiser.  When I asked about it "oh that sold already, I need.to cross that out." Darn.

Well, on Sunday, this table DID have an 87 Topps that I needed, the above Eric King.  So, it took all show, but I did knock an 87 Topps off of my list.
I looked through their other albums and found a couple other vintage Topps cards to add to the album, just for fun.  I missed an opportunity to send to Spook Jacobs before he passed away, so I was glad to find this one, and picked it up.  I also saw the 1956 Topps Enos Slaughter at a good price, and added it to the album, as well.

I probably could have added a lot more vintage cards to the album, but I had to meet up with someone prior to heading over to the autograph pavilion for the list signers at the show.  Still, I'm happy with what I got, and I'm one card closer on my 87 set.

2 comments:

Jafronius said...

Glad you got an '87 card off the list. Looking forward to the National posts!

Chris said...

Nice autos, especially those vintage a's!