Sunday, August 6, 2023

2023 National Free Signer - Bobby Douglass

The next free signer at this year's National was former Bears quarterback, Bobby Douglass.  He was pretty nice.  His line was slow because he signed every letter of his name (and even ran out of room on most cards).
I ended up with two of his vouchers and found a vendor who had some of Douglass's cards for sale.  I had to get them at $5/card, but it was worth it to not have to search boxes for them.  The top card is a 1971 Topps and the bottom one is a 1972 Topps.

Douglass (b. 1947) played professionally from 1969 to 1978 for the Bears, Chargers, Saints and Packers.  He had 36 touchdowns and 6,493 yards.

I didn't get a chance to talk to him much, as his line moved slowly, so by the time I got to him, I got my stuff signed and moved out of the way quickly out of respect to the folks behind me.

No comments: