Thursday, December 2, 2021

TTM Success - Michael Flacco

Michael Flacco, the brother of former Ravens (now Jets) quarterback, Joe Flacco, was a former Orioles farmhand at one point.  I had forgotten about this, until I went through my Orioles box recently.  I looked (Michael) Flacco up, and figured I would try and see if I could get a couple of my cards signed TTM.  I turned out to be successful, which was really cool, and the cards look nice.
The cards are 2009 Bowman Draft Picks and Prospects cards, of which I didn't open many.  Still, it was nice to add these to the album.

Flacco (b. 1987) was a 31st round draft pick by the Orioles in the 2009 June Amateur Draft out of the Community College of Baltimore County Catonsville Campus.  He played in the minors from 2009 to 2012, all in the  Orioles system, reaching AA.  He had 313 hits, 21 home runs and a .253 batting average.

I mailed to Flacco on October 14 and got the cards back on November 4, for a 21-day TAT.

No comments: