Monday, December 20, 2021

TTM Success - John Denny

Some may not count this at a TTM success, but this is my blog, and I'm going to count it.  I missed out on a John Denny private signing by a day or two and reached out to the promoter, who, thankfully had an extra 1987 Topps of John Denny that he was able to squeeze into the signing.  I would have sent my own, of course, so that's why I am counting it.  Anyway, the signing went fine, and I got a signed 87 back for the set.

Denny (b. 1952) played in the majors from 1974 to 1986 for the Cardinals, Indians, Phillies and Reds.  He had a record of 123-108 with 1,146 strike outs and a 3.59 ERA.  He was the 1983 NL Cy Young Award winner.  He won the ERA crown in 1976 (NL) and his best MVP finish was 13th in 1983.    He appeared on the 1992 Hall of Fame ballot, but received no votes.

I paid for the signing on November 8 and got the card back on December 10, for a 32-day TAT.  I paid a lot for the signing, but now can cross Denny off of the list.

No comments: