Friday, March 23, 2018

TTM Success - Wally Joyner

I have been using Sportscollectors.net for quite a while now to find addresses of players who sign TTM.  I only recently discovered the private signings tab on the site that tells you when folks are hosting private signings with players.  This could be at a card shop or a card show, etc.  I have already used it to add some tougher names to my 1987 set.  The first success I had come back was Wally Joyner.

Joyner (b. 1962) played in the majors from 1986 to 2001 for the Angels, Royals, Padres and Braves.  He had 2,060 hits, 204 home runs and a .289 batting average.  He finished second in the 1986 AL Rookie of the Year voting (behind Jose Canseco) and was an All Star that season.  He also finished 8th in the AL MVP voting that year.  He appeared on the 2007 Hall of Fame ballot, but did not receive any votes.

I mailed to the private signing for Joyner on February 12 and got the card back on February 23, for an 11-day TAT.  I paid the fee of $15.00 for the signing.

No comments: