Wednesday, March 28, 2018

TTM Success - Rafael Belliard

Here is another of the few TTM successes I got in from this year's Spring Training.  I saw someone complain that they sent to Spring Training this year and had minimal successes, much like they had last year.  They said that each year they say they aren't bothering with it next year, but always end up sending anyway.  I think I am in that boat.  I got some nice successes back, but guys that I really thought I had a good shot at getting didn't seem to sign this year.  Oh well, at least Rafael Belliard helped me knock a 1987 off of my checklist.

I sent two cards, the 87, and the above 1988 Topps.  This 1988 is actually a pretty sharp card.  It turned out really nice, and I am glad it was the other card I sent.
I do love the old yellow Pirates helmet on Belliard's 87 Topps, though.  I had a ton of his cards that I could have sent, but I saw that anything more than 2 was kind of iffy.  I wanted to ensure that I had the 87 taken care of, so maybe next year I will send a couple other of his cards.

Belliard (b. 1961) played in the majors from 1982 to 1998 for the Pirates and Braves.  He had 508 hits, 2 home runs and a .221 batting average.  He won the 1995 World Series with the Braves.

I mailed to Belliard on February 15 and got the cards back on February 26 for an 11-day TAT.

No comments: