Sunday, March 18, 2018

TTM Success - Cal Quantrill

I sent a TTM request to Padres prospect, Cal Quantrill, via Padres Spring Training, and received a success.  He signs only one per, so I sent off this 2016 Bowman Draft insert.  Unfortunately, the Sharpie he used was on its way out, and the auto didn't turn out as nice as I had hoped, but it is still a success.  I have a couple other prospects on inserts like this one, so I hope I get some better results soon.

Quantrill (b. 1995) was a first round draft pick (8th overall) by the Padres in 2016.  He has played as high as AA for the Padres.  In his minor league career, Quantrill has a record of 7-15 with a 4.12 ERA and 156 strike outs.  This is across 34 games started.  He still has a lot of room for improvement.  So far during this year's Spring Training, he is 1-0 with a 12.00 ERA.  My best bet would be that he starts the season at High A again, and moves up to AA shortly thereafter, but he could very well begin the season at AA.  Cal is the son of former Major Leaguer, Paul Quantrill.

I mailed to Quantrill on February 10 and got the card back on February 17, for a 7-day TAT.

No comments: