Thursday, March 22, 2018

TTM Success - Brook Fordyce

While I am always looking to add Topps cards to my album, I also look to add former Orioles.  When I saw that folks were getting successes back from former O's catcher, Brook Fordyce, I went ahead and sent to him.  I had his cards in my box for a while, but I hadn't seen recent successes until a few months ago.

I liked this 2001 Fleer Tradition.  The card came out really well, even though they kind of ripped off 1955 and 1956 Topps with the design.
I did add a Topps card with this success, a 2001.  I like how 2001 Topps looks.  I had this card for a long time, so I know it wasn't one of the ones I got from my box busting at Andrew's house last year.

Fordyce (b. 1970) played in the majors from 1995 to 2004 for the Mets, Reds, White Sox, Orioles and Devil Rays.  He had 467 hits, 41 home runs and a .258 batting average.

I mailed to Fordyce on February 5 and got the cards back on February 20, for a 15-day TAT.

No comments: