Thursday, March 15, 2018

TTM Success - Jeff Reed

This TTM success came in recently, but because I have a couple guys in my boxes with similar names, I almost sent to him again.  I think I counted four different Reeds in my TTM box, so I almost send an 87 Topps out to Jeff Reed, when I already had one to be blogged.  Oh well, I doubt it would be the worst thing to happen.

The above 1997 Fleer Ultra turned out really nicely, even though the Sharpie Reed used wasn't all that great.  I like the shot on the card.  I do enjoy cards showing catcher's gear for some reason, and this one is pretty good.
I don't know where the 1987 Topps Traded (middle) came from, but I had it in my box.  I ended up getting it and his 1987 done, so that was good.

Reed (b. 1962) played in the majors from 1984 to 2000 for the Twins, Expos, Reds, Giants, Rockies and Cubs.  He had 774 hits, 61 home runs and a .250 batting average.

I mailed to Reed on February 1 and got the cards back on February 15, for a 14-day TAT.

As I was about to post this entry, I realized that I HAD already gotten Reed TTM before.  Back in September 2017.  Oops.  I didn't get him on an 87 then so I got it right this time.

No comments: