Tuesday, September 10, 2024

Set Complete - 2024 Topps

My friend, Jordan, hooked me up with the last card I needed to complete my 2024 Topps set.  The final card was this Yoshinobu Yamamoto rookie card.  Jordan was generous enough to give me the card, even though I give him a hard time for seeing his cards for graphing in top loaders mere seconds before they're signed.

My friend, Gerard also helped with the set, since I was short by maybe 10 or so after I busted my boxes.  It used to be easy for me to complete Topps sets, but boxes are harder to come by since Fanatics only cares about breakers anymore. Hobby boxes are allocated in short supply, so I'm stuck busting retail boxes.  Also, the collation was horrible this year. I'd open five boxes and get a ton of duplicates of the same 5 guys and didn't pull a single Yamamoto. Just go ahead and tell me that one was short printed.

Anyway, I loved this year's design; it is one of the better ones over the last 10 years or so.  Now I can sit and wait for next year's design to be revealed.  Thanks for helping me finish this set, Jordan and Gerard.

2 comments:

osupremegrandmotherone said...

You can't just buy a complete set?

Jafronius said...

Congrats on completing the set!