Monday, September 9, 2024

1987 Topps Set Pickup - Greg Minton

Finally, some more signed 1987 Topps will be added to the set in short order.  I've seen a couple folks giving up on their set endeavors and punting, so I've swooped in and grabbed a few guys that I needed.  The first is this Greg Minton that I got from a guy on Facebook.

I had written an email to Minton about a year ago, and got a response.  He said for me to send him a card and he would sign it.  The card never came back, so I bought this one and crossed Minton off of the list.

Minton (b. 1951) played in the majors from 1975 to 1990 for the Giants and Angels.  He had a career record of 59-65 with 479 strike outs, 150 saves and a 3.10 ERA.

Minton puts me at 756/792 for the set.  36 cards to go!

2 comments:

Matt said...

Only 36 to go? That's amazing!

Jafronius said...

I've always wondered how close you were to finishing. So close now!