Monday, September 16, 2024

September 3-8, 2024, Graphing of the Green Jackets at Wood Ducks

My emotions are still raw regarding the Wood Ducks finally being done in Kinston for good.  So, instead, I'll discuss the graphing results of the final home series and then weigh in later on about the Wood Ducks exit.

Since we saw that Brock Porter was back with the Woodies to close out the season, I ordered some Bowman parallels to get signed.  My favorite was the above lunar crater parallel.  These parallels look so good, in my opinion. 
I also picked up a lunar glow (left), lava refractor (middle) and a Bowman Chrome (right).  I'm glad they got here in time before the series ended.
My Pro Debut boxes came in Saturday, as I was leaving for the game, so I had to bust the boxes Saturday night when I got home and got a Luis Guanipa signed on Sunday for my first signed 2024 Pro Debut. 

Titus Dumitru is on the Braves 1994 Score that I had brought for one of the Braves top draft picks (who turned out to not have traveled with the team).  Titus was really cool, so it was easy to pick him to sign the card.
I finished off every Luis Guanipa that I had, as well as every 50/50.  Guanipa was the only prospect with mainstream cards who traveled with the team.
Augusta's coaches all had cards.  I had gotten Wynston Sawyer before, so I was out of his stuff.  Connor Justus and Elvin Nina had a couple cards, and I finished all of them off.
Einar Diaz had a ton of cards, and I took a 50/50 on him.   I got everything done, which was great.
Finally, Roy Silver showed up so (in his words) he could see Grainger Stadium one more time.  He is a really nice guy, and I was glad to see him one more time.  The Allen and Ginter Silver card was a nice touch to get signed by Roy.  I had found the card in a box and Jesse came up with the idea to try to get it signed by Roy Silver.  Silver liked the idea and had no problem signing it for me.

In all, I got the following autographs: Brock Porter x 9, Roy Silver x 4, Einar Diaz x 18, Luis Guanipa x 33, Connor Justus x 11, Kadon Morton x 1, Titus Dumitru x 1, Elvin Nina x 2, Anthony Susac x 1 and Pablo Guerrero x 1 (81 total autographs). 

No comments: