Wednesday, September 25, 2024

September 13, 2024, Graphing of the Revolution at Flying Boxcars

Last week was birthday week, so Chros and I took a little trip up to Baltimore for a Peark Jam concert on Thursday, September 12.  The day after, he and I drove an hour west of Baltimore and checked out the new ballpark in Hagerstown.

This season is the first season for the Hagerstown Flying Boxcars.  Their new ballpark is really nice, and it looks like Hagerstown is on a path toward affiliated ball again. 
I didn't have many cards on hand for the Flying Boxcars, so I did two Sportlots orders a week before we left.  One of the packages came in, and the other one was at the house by the time we got home.  The 2019 Topps Update showing Parker Markel was one of the cards I picked up.  The Yeudy Garcia at the top is one of the cards I had already, along with the 2009 O Pee Chee Manny Corpas.
Corpas was really nice.  He told Chris and I that we should make sure to get Markel as soon as possible, since he was about to retire.  Markel confirmed as much, but was super nice.
I got several 2016 Bowman Chrome Nellie Rodriguez signed that I picked up at the National.  I also cleaned out a few 2010 Pro Debut and 2010 Bowman Cito Culver cards from my box.
I had heard horror stories about how hard it was to graph at Hagerstown.  Chris and I got everyone we needed in the span of less than 10 minutes once the players started coming out of the dugout.  I treated it like being at the dugout in Durham; I put the book through the entrance in the netting and had no problems. 

In all, I got the following autographs: Manny Corpas x 4, Cito Culver x 4, Yeudy Garcia x 1, Parker Markel x 5 and Nellie Rodriguez x 3 (17 total autographs). 

No comments: