Monday, November 14, 2016

TTM Success - Don Buford

I'm always happy to receive TTM successes from former Orioles.  When I got this one in from Don Buford, I was equally excited that I was able to get signed one of the Japanese cards that my friend Ryan gave me.  I had hoped that Buford would sign it in blue sharpie, but the ballpoint pen will have to do.  The card is still really cool, and will look nice in my album.
I was also able to repurpose a beat up 1969 Topps that had been in my Orioles box.  I also raided my 1972 Topps partial set to add another card to the package.  They all turned out pretty nice, I think.

Buford (b. 1937) played in the majors from 1963 to 1972 for the White Sox and Orioles.  He had 1,203 hits, 93 home runs and a career average of .264.  He was an All Star in 1971 and finished as high as 15th in the AL MVP voting (1968).  He won the World Series with the O's in 1970.

I mailed to Buford on November 5 and got the cards back on November 12 for a 7-day TAT.  I sent along $5.00 to cover his signing fee.

No comments: