Wednesday, November 30, 2016

TTM Success - Eddie Taubensee

Here is a TTM success with a wide range of 1990s cards.  I was lucky enough to have a bunch of different cards to choose from when I mailed my TTM request to Eddie Taubensee on November 8.  The above 1997 Finest Warriors was another card that I "prepped" beforehand using one of Chris's school erasers.  This card came out looking great, and I really feel like the eraser is doing the trick.  I have recently sent out a batch using baby powder instead of the eraser, and I am interested to see if that holds up as well.  I will obviously let you guys know if I get that success.
I was able to turn one of my surplus 1995 Topps cards into a TTM success.  I had a bunch left over after purchasing boxes of Series 1 and 2 in order to make a dent in my set.  At the time, I didn't have any 1995s represented in my Topps Autograph Project, but now, quite a few have come back, with several more pending.
I was happy to send this card off as well, since it came out of a binder that my mom had put together back in 1994.  She was working on the 1994 Collectors Choice Silver Signature set, and had an extra of this card in the binder.  When I saw that Taubensee signed, it was a no-brainer that this one was getting sent in.  The fact that it is a horizontal card helps as well.
Here are the other cards that I sent off.  Each of them turned out great, and I am glad I chose to send what I sent.

Taubensee (b. 1968) played in the majors from 1991 to 2001 for the Indians, Astros and Reds.  He had 784 hits, 94 home runs and a .273 batting average.

I mailed to Taubensee on November 8 and got the cards back on November 19, for an 11-day TAT.

No comments: