Thursday, December 1, 2016

TTM Success - Marvin Benard

There are some players in my "to be TTMed" box that have floated around in there for quite a while.  For whatever reason, I get set to send to a player, and some of them keep getting pushed back until I finally force myself to put them in the mail.  Nothing against that player, it just kind of happens (especially if I have a batch of vintage guys to send to).

The above 2002 Upper Deck is the card that has been put aside the longest.  It was in a box of mine, which I went through looking for TTM subjects earlier this year.  I loved the horizontal photo and that year of Upper Deck.
Over the course of a few months, I actually was able to locate more cards of Benard.  They all came out of various boxes I have had sitting around here, so it was nice to put them to use (and make room in the boxes).  The 1997 Pinnacle, as you can tell, was part of a batch of late 90s cards that had gotten stuck together.  Luckily, the card wasn't damaged too badly, and it still was able to get signed.

Benard (b. 1971) played in the majors from 1995 to 2003 for the Giants.  He had 714 hits, 54 home runs and a .271 batting average.

I mailed to Benard on November 7 and got the cards back on November 21, for a 14-day TAT.

No comments: