Monday, December 5, 2016

TTM Success - Bob Lillis

For whatever reason, I have been getting several Houston Colt .45 players back all at the same time, lately.  It hasn't been by design, just mere coincidence, really.  However, since I really love the old .45s jersey, I am perfectly ok with getting a bunch of their cards in.

This 1963 Topps Bob Lillis card was languishing in my vintage box, so I figured that when I saw that he was signing TTM, I would give it a shot.
Because I only had the one card, I bought this one off of sportlots so I would have an additional card to send.  Both of them turned out really great, so definitely no complaints!

Lillis (b. 1930) played in the majors from 1958 to 1967 for the Dodgers, Cardinals and Colt .45s/Astros.  He had 549 hits, 3 home runs and a .236 batting average.  He didn't appear in the 1959 World Series with the Dodgers.

I mailed to Lillis on November 11 and got the cards back on November 21, for a 10-day TAT.

No comments: