Saturday, December 31, 2016

TTM Success - Pat Neshek

I don't do too many TTMs of current players, mainly because I never know which ones are signing.  Everyone who does TTM, though, knows that Pat Neshek is one of the best signers that currently play in the majors.  I had a few cards that I wanted to send him, then I bought a box of 2016 Topps Heritage Update and pulled this purple chrome parallel.  Once I had that, I knew I needed to get my cards in the mail.

I had been pre-treating some chrome and Finest cards with a pencil top eraser and have gotten pretty decent results.  However, I had heard that baby powder worked really well on chromes, so I figured I would give it a shot.  So, this card was put in a ziploc bag with a little baby powder, then wiped clean with a wash cloth.  As you can see, the auto turned out pretty nice, and didn't bubble at all.  Not bad.  I think I'll probably stick with baby powder for the chrome and Finest cards.  I do have some that were rubbed with an eraser coming up in a few future posts, so a comparison can be made.
Rumor had it that if you sent any autographed cards to Neshek, he would send you one of his own, so I pulled a couple autos that I had in my card show box and sent them along.  He returned my mailer back with the two cards at the top, a 2010 Topps and 2013 Topps.  Not bad!  The bottom two are the other cards I sent for him to sign, a 2016 Topps and 2015 Heritage.  All of the cards turned out great.  He definitely has one of the best signatures around.

Neshek (b. 1980) has played in the majors since 2006 (skipping the 2009 season) for the Twins, Padres, A's, Cardinals and Astros.  He has a career record of 28-19 with an ERA of 2.93 and 378 strike outs.

I mailed to Neshek on November 23 and got the cards back on December 3, for a 10-day TAT.

No comments: