Thursday, November 10, 2016

TTM Success - Wes Helms

I received a TTM success today from former player, Wes Helms.  I was able to get him on some nice cards, like the above 1996 All Sports Plus.  I can't remember where this card came from, but it is a set of football, baseball and basketball players, kind of like Classic 4-Sport.  I was glad I was able to turn this into a card for my TTM/IP album.
The 1997 Bowman (top left) came from a box at my local card shop that I have been going through periodically.  I have been able to find some great late 90s inserts and parallels in there that have helped me with my TTM project.  The three other cards are Topps cards from 2005, 06 and 07.  I already had these years represented as far as my Topps Autograph project is concerned, but I was happy to add some more.

Helms (b. 1976) is from Gastonia, NC and played in the majors from 1998 and 2000 through 2011 for the Braves, Brewers, Marlins and Phillies.  He had 694 hits, 75 home runs and a .256 batting average.
I mailed to Helms on October 26 and got the cards back today for a 15-day TAT.

No comments: