Thursday, November 24, 2016

TTM Success - Doug DeCinces

For a $10.00 check, I was able to add quite a few signed cards as a TTM from former Oriole, Doug DeCinces.  Known as the guy who replaced Brooks Robinson at 3rd base for the Orioles, DeCinces had a pretty good career.  This 1979 Hostess card came from one of my first deals with my good friend, Max.  I'm glad to be able to still be getting some of these signed.
I also added several of DeCinces's Topps issues.  They all turned out great, I think!
This 1981 Fleer was a nice one to get signed.  It might not be the greatest set, but the cards do look nice when signed.  Funny thing, though, DeCinces never won a Gold Glove Award.
Finally, this 1988 Topps really turned out great.  The blue sharpie even fits with the blue sub border and name banner of the card.  I was really happy with this one, even though he wasn't an Oriole on this card.

DeCinces (b. 1950) played in the majors from 1973 to 1987 for the Orioles, Angels and Cardinals.  He had 1,505 hits, 237 home runs and a .259 batting average.  He finished as high as 3rd in the AL MVP voting (1982, his first season with the Angels) and was an All Star in 1983.  He appeared on the 1993 Hall of Fame ballot and received 0.5% of the vote.

I mailed the cards to DeCinces on November 7 and got the cards back on November 17, for a 10-day TAT.  He signs for a fee, and I felt like $10.00 for 7 cards was not bad at all.

No comments: