Wednesday, December 18, 2013

My Christmas Present From Scott - 2013 Topps Tribute Manny Machado Relic

Only a few tables into the card show (and before I got my ball, Foxx pin or Virgil Trucks card), Scott and I saw the above 2013 Topps Tribute Manny Machado relic.  The vendor quoted a very reasonable price on it and I told Scott that I liked the card.  He asked me if I liked it enough to be my Christmas present from him and I said, sure.

That escalated quickly!  We walked away from maybe the third of fourth table at the show with my Christmas present already.  This was our sign that this was going to be a very productive card show.  I'm seeing it now that we really made out like bandits because I had to decide what I wanted to write about tonight and thought to myself a couple times "Oh I forgot that I got that card!" or "Oh man, I got a deal on these..."

This Manny Machado relic is a sweet card.  It looks like it is from a Futures Game jersey.  I know it isn't from the All Star Game jersey from this year, that'd be too soon.  The blue on those jerseys was darker than this as well.  The card is numbered 92/99.

Thanks for the Christmas present, Scott!  I really appreciate it!

No comments: