Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Card Show Pickup - 1947-66 Exhibits Virgil Trucks

At Saturday's card show, I was able to find an interesting addition to my Virgil Trucks PC.  This oversized card, a 1947-66 Exhibits card, was only $4.  As you can see from the scan, it is pretty rough, but I think it still looks cool.  The card had to have been produced between 1953 and 1955 as those were the seasons Mr. Trucks was with the White Sox.

Not a bad pickup, if I do say so myself.  I got this card from the same seller as my Jimmie Foxx pin that I posted yesterday.  So, two really awesome PC additions right at one booth.  I definitely was off to a good start at the show.

I don't need too many more Trucks cards for my PC.  I know there are several oddball items out there that I still have yet to pick up.  I also still need his 2011 Topps Black Diamond Autograph.  That card would be near the top or any Top 10 wishlist needs, that's for sure.  Hopefully I can find one at a reasonable price sometime soon.

No comments: