Tuesday, December 31, 2013

HOF Ball Upgrade - Ernie Banks Pearl Jam Rocker

I don't normally try to upgrade the baseballs that I have in my HOF collection.  They usually get purchased, blogged and then take their place in my china cabinet (or safety deposit box) for display.  I was looking at the Collect Auctions Dec. 5 auction and saw that they had an Ernie Banks signed baseball with the inscriptions: Pearl Jam Rocker; Wrigley Field; 7/19/13.

Pearl Jam played a sold out show at Wrigley Field on July 19, 2013.  They were met with a severe thunderstorm that couldn't hold the band down.  For the safety of the fans at the venue, they took a substantial break to let the rain subside.  During the rain delay, Hall of Famer Ernie Banks got onstage and addressed the crowd.  I actually have a digital download of the concert and Banks's speech is on it, which is really cool.
If you haven't noticed, I'm a huge Pearl Jam fan.  I've been a member of the Ten Club since late 2011.  This explains why my want list on my blog is titled "Wishlist".  How many of you figured that one out?  I'm so excited to add this ball to my collection.  I originally got Banks TTM for free (but had to wait 6 months for it) but this ball is so much better than that one.  It just fits me and in my mind is priceless.
 You can see Banks's signature looks awesome on the ball.  I'm glad he inscribed it with 'Pearl Jam Rocker' and the Date of the concert as well.  It is just something awesome.

No comments: